Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So This Got Me Thinking ....

I read this (you really should read it ... it's short I promise!) article today and it really got me thinking ~ How many of the people who have had a great spiritual impact on my life were "in ministry"?

When I think about those who've impacted me greatly, 2 former minister's wives come to mind, along with a former youth worker (a parent). My list is short, but I don't mind. The wealth of knowledge and compassion and love those three ladies have poured into me is simply phenomenal. Even though I no longer live in the same town as 2 of the 3, we still keep in touch. I think it says something when you can keep in regular contact with former ministers' families who are no longer serving at your church.

Who has greatly impacted your spiritual life? Were they "in the ministry"?

1 comment:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Hi Ashley!!! ~LL~ posted about you on her blog and I just wanted to come and say hi too you!! Very cute blog! And I love your about me on the sidebar, trading your dreams for His, I love that!