Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wisdom

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. – James 1:5-6

Those are two verses I’ve had to remind myself of A LOT in the past week. In recent days I’ve had to make two BIG decisions … like adult decisions about adult issues. Weird.

I also find it amusing that these decisions had to be made at the same time that a sermon series about making good decisions is underway at church. In a way, I feel like it’s God reminding me that He is a God of timing and that I need to trust that.

Week 1 of the sermon series was on examining the true motivation behind a decision and asking why you’re really doing what you’re doing. Couple that with the fact that I’m currently reading Beth Moore’s So Long, Insecurity which highlights some of the ways insecurities affect our decision making, and you’ve got yourself some deep, prayerful thoughts tossed into the mix.

Ultimately, I made the hard decisions and I did what I thought was right. And as I watched the way God worked in and through the situations, I’m confident he deposited some wisdom in this brain and heart to make those tough choices.

In what area(s) of your life could you use some wisdom? He’s just a prayer away!

No comments: