Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Holding History

My grandmother's family had a family reunion last weekend and there were lots of old pictures passed around. I couldn't help but think "I'm holding history!" as I poured over them.

The top picture is of 4 generations - two of my aunts, my grandmother, my great-grandmother, and my great-great-grandmother.

I just love the bottom picture! I love old people's skin. I know that sounds weird, but I can't see it without thinking about all the living they've done in that skin. Sure it looks worn out, but they're in their 80s so what do you expect? ;)



2 comments:

Funderstorm said...

You are a rare one, indeed, AJF.
I love you.

BTW, I'm watching my skin turn into that skin...thanks for reminding me that I've done alot of living with still more to come. :)

Funderstorm said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you the twinkies arrived only slightly smashed and not one of us was ashamed to be seen licking the package! Who needs a spoon! I must admit to licking a package (...or three!).