In January, I went on a fantastic cruise with my mom to celebrate graduation (a little early). I experienced a glimpse of poverty in Jamaica, fell in love with Grand Cayman, and enjoyed Mexico. This was also the month I started my last semester of my undergrad days.
In February, I went to see an awesome King Tut exhibit in Dallas. Man, I love history.
I entered a new decade in April (20!) and saw some hard work pay off in the College of Business award ceremony.
The highlight of the year very well may have occurred in May: college graduation. It was a day of such joy!
June found me working full time and celebrating my grandparent’s 60th wedding anniversary.
I traveled half way around the world to share the best news of all time – the Gospel – with people who have never had the opportunity to hear it in July. Those two weeks give graduation a run for its money as the highlight of the year.
In August, I met one of my Senators and the Governor.
I started grad school in September.
I won four ribbons in a local photography contest in October ~ two 1st place and two 2nd place.
In December I celebrated my grandfather’s 80th birthday.
2009 ~
… a year in which I pursued some new passions and rekindled some old
… a year with distinctive mountains and valleys
… a year in which I mourned and rejoiced, wept and danced for joy, celebrated victories and experienced defeats
… a year in which some people entered my life and others left
… a year in which some hard lessons were learned
… a year in which I often had more questions than answers
… a year in which I questioned decisions made a lot
Overall 2009 wasn’t such a bad year. It wasn’t all sunshine and roses, but life never is. Just gotta take the good with the bad, I suppose. :)
I wonder what this year will hold. I don’t know, but I’m talking about it to Someone who does. Following Him is such an adventure!
Here’s to an adventure that magnifies HIM in 2010!
1 comment:
Nicely said. I like the month by month play-by-play. :)
Post a Comment