Sunday, January 17, 2010

God's Wrath?

I’ve been trying to find the right words for this post for a while.

"Was the Haitian earthquake God's wrath against the country?"
"Does God hate Haiti?"

Honestly the frequency with which these questions (and those like them) are posed frustrates me. While hundreds of thousands of people are suffering, I don’t think it’s the time to debate whether this was just a horrible natural disaster or God’s judgment upon the nation. Not to mention I don't think it's our place to presume why God allowed this to happen.

Dr. Al Mohler wrote an excellent blog post on this very topic that sums up my viewpoint and explains things much more eloquently than I ever could. I encourage you to read it HERE.

May the name of Jesus spread through this tragedy and may people be drawn into a saving relationship with Him.

No comments: