*I wanted to post this yesterday, but I was just too busy.*
Election 2008. What a historic one it was!
First things first ~ I am no doubt disappointed with the outcome of this election. I have cried out to God many, many times in the last 2 days regarding the future of this great nation. The first words out of my mouth when I heard that Obama was the projected winner were "Dear Lord, what have we done to ourselves?" But that's not the purpose of this post (that was the last post!)...
The truth of the matter is this: I GOT THE CHANCE TO MAKE MY VOICE HEARD!
My current Facebook status says "Ashley loves the U.S.A.!" A friend of mine approached me about this, basically questioning how I could say such a thing at such a time as this. Here's my response: "While the candidate I supported may not have been elected by the majority, I still got a chance to have my say. That's a privilege many people around the world would kill for. I don't agree with where Obama stands, but the majority has spoken. So now I pray ... for him and the nation ... just like I've been doing while President Bush has been in office."
Regardless of my personal views of them, I am proud that my first presidential election had both a female and an African-American running. But more than that, I am grateful that I, as a woman, had the chance to peacefully make my voice heard without fear of retaliation. That is a blessing that I certainly do not take for granted. I love this nation!
1 comment:
Like I keep telling you, you have great wisdom for someone so young. You are acting just as the Lord commands us to act in this situation. And I commend you and am right there with you. People wanted change but I am not sure the things that are going to change are the things that need changing. God help us as we face this new day.
Post a Comment