Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Asia 2009

I'm still processing much of what happened during my 2 weeks in Asia. Words aren't coming just yet. There's so much to share that I don't know where to start. So for now, I'll just share some pictures. I took over 800, so picking a few is quite the challenge!




These pictures are from an afternoon spent at a local park/mountain that a new friend took us to:









There was a temple at the top of the mountain/park. The following images break my heart, but they pale in comparison to the overwhelming sadness that filled me while standing there. The weight of being there was heavy on my heart for many hours after we left and a portion of it returns every time I look at these pictures. Standing there with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart, begging God to break down these strongholds that grip the people is one of my most vivid memories from the entire trip.





Empty prayers




FOOD
I named this food "turtle" because doesn't it look like it!?!
I asked my friend what it tasted like. She responded, "Sandy poop." Lovely.


FRIENDS

Old friends reunited.
TEA SHOP
We were just shopping for some tea and the owner invited us to sit down and drink. So we did. After every sip, the guy would refill the cup. Talk about not making progress on downing the yucky black tea! Anyway, it was a lovely gesture. And I kept drinking. :)


BACKPACKING IN A VILLAGE
Getting out into the countryside one day was hands down one of my favorite things we did. I was more "in my element" out of the city.
Rice
Water buffalo
Village temple
Oldest tree in the village
OTHER RANDOM PICTURES
A very real reminder of the spiritual condition of those around me (this was in the hotel lobby)
View from my hotel room
At the end of the trip we had a few "fun days" in a big city to try to readjust to American life.

A store.


Light show


Skyline


Bathroom signs (I added the words). I seriously laughed out loud when I saw this! :)


No smoking naked, okay? ;)



Thanks for journeying with me! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Makes me wish I was there again!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
Loved it!!
-flea

~LL~ said...

Love those pictures! Glad you got to go!

Funderstorm said...

Great pics! I'm SO stealing some of these! Miss you even more now!

Funderstorm said...

Still processing? I probably should have asked before I stole pics...but I didn't think you'd mind. You have a great eye! You got some really GREAT pics.