Thursday, July 30, 2009

4 percent

I heard some interesting statistics in church on Sunday that I haven’t been able to get out of my head all week.

The guest preacher said that according to some studies, at the current evangelism rate, only 4 percent of people born between 1978 and 1994 will become Christ followers. 4 percent. As in 96 out of every 100 won’t. Try and let that sink in …

In addition, he went on to share that of Americans aged 18 to 21, only .5% (yes, that’s HALF of a percentage point) have a Biblical worldview, which is defined as believing:
o There are absolute moral truths
o The Bible is accurate and complete
o Satan is real
o Salvation isn’t earned
o Christ lived a sinless life
o God created the universe and still rules

For these reasons, I am glad to be on a college campus for a little more time. What a platform I’ve been given. May I be a good steward of this opportunity.

4 comments:

Funderstorm said...

Wow. That's truly heartbreaking. You are a city on a hill!

Terri said...

That is an awesome task but God will use you. It is so sad that the world has turned so far away from God. Lean on Him! He will do great things through you!

Anonymous said...

I love your heart! I love that you see this as an opportunity. Most kids your age don't understand. I knew that God had a reason for keeping you here. For we truly have a mission field right where we are! May we, as brothers and sisters in Christ, stand together and represent Him well. He IS the creator of the world and DESERVES our worship and adoration! Praise God now and forever more.
Love you Ash and I am standing in truth with you -flea

Funderstorm said...

Love you...

Still processing?

Like to hear from you (on your blog, that is.)