Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Do It Scared

This time in one month (baring any unforeseen events), I'll be Asia bound. Actually, I'll be in California and (knowing myself) will be celebrating "1 flight done, 2 to go." Have I mentioned how much I don't like flying? Seriously. Nothing causes such instantaneous fear and nausea as the mere thought of flying. But I'm choosing to do it scared. For His glory and for the sake of a lost world.

The preaching to myself has already begun - No matter where I go, He's there too. All the days ordained for me were written in His book before one of them came to be. He is big enough to do this. If He wants me dead, there's not a thing I can do to change that. No eye has seen, no ear has heard what God has prepared for those who love Him. He's preparing a place for me. My true citizenship is in heaven. I could go on ...

So for today, my motto is "do it scared."

4 comments:

Terri said...

You can do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! Wish I was going with you. You will have to give lots of hugs for me.
Love-
flea

~LL~ said...

I hear ya, girl. I fly a lot, and of course, hubby is a pilot....I know a lot of the stats, I know when to get scared, and i STILL don't like it. :D

Funderstorm said...

Courage is not the absence of fear but rather stepping forward to face that fear knowing Who is in control. "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, for the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go."