Monday, November 2, 2009

My Comfort Verse

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

If there has been one verse that’s been my “comfort verse” the past 9 weeks, it would be that one. I tell myself “This is just for a season!” quite a bit. It’s so … comforting (hence the title *grin*).

When grad school seems to be too much…

When things aren’t happening on MY time schedule…

When a mission team that I SO wanted to be on left for Africa today…

When I don’t understand what God’s up to…

Even then, I know … this is just a season. It will pass. And He’s right there in the midst of the season that I wish would hurry up and pass.

In eager anticipation of what’s coming next, my prayer is that I don’t miss Him in the here and now, for there is truly much to learn.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Thanks for sharing that! We ALL go through those same questions, but worded to fit our lives. Hang in there!!! You know time will pass faster than you think and your time will come! you know I am talking to myself in this, too!

Big things coming, but not there, here. Will share more later! Prayers requested!

Anonymous said...

Girl, would have so loved to have you. Slept under the stars last night. I think I could see every one of them. Maybe, if Dad is willing, someday I will live here and then you can come and visit. Love you - flea

~LL~ said...

"THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS!"

keep on keepin' on. God bless you, girl!!!