Hello peeps! Look, it’s a real post from me. I should be studying for finals right now, but … well I don’t even have a good excuse! Much has gone on in the last few weeks since I’ve updated ~ I don’t even know where to start. How bout a bulleted list?
• Graduation is next Saturday. 8 stinkin’ days away.
• I am not a fan of 50 hr work weeks in addition to end of the semester school stuff.
• I hate group projects. I should not be penalized for things I have no control over like the dress of my teammates. Am I their mother? Should I have to pick out and iron their clothes for them? I think not. So please don’t take points off of my grade for their lack of understanding of what business professional attire is. Thank you.
• I stink at summarizing. If I should “tell you all the important stuff in the one-page Executive summary,” why must I write 12 additional pages? Makes no sense to me.
• I’m going into the last day of one of my classes not knowing 50% of my final grade. That freaks me out more than a little (20% final, 30% project).
• I feel restless lately – both physically and mentally. Frequently asking God what He’s up to.
• For the team project mentioned in bullet #3 I had to do an evaluation of my teammates. 1,000 words later on some of their nonperformance during the semester and I felt much better.
• I am a control freak. This probably greatly attributes to why I hate group projects so much. Sure enough, more times than not this semester those teammates didn’t do what they were supposed to when they should’ve done it. Grrr.
• I gave my two weeks notice at work. Sad day.
• I still have no clue what my summer plans are. They’ve ranged from going to school all summer to taking 2 sessions and going on a mission trip to taking 2 sessions off and going on a mission trip … confused yet? Yeah, tell me about it. And throw into that equation the fact that I can’t keep my job without going to school (see above bullet) and being told I can’t take the classes I wanted …. Blah blah blah. It’s one big, confusing, tangled mess. And honestly, I’ve released it because I don’t have the mental capacity to deal with that right now. Moving on.
• Home church has a family coming this Sunday in view of a call to be our new Music & Senior Adult minister. It’s about time. That’s all I have to say about that.
• I’m opinionated – please don’t ask my opinion unless you really want it. I typically give people a second chance to retract their inquiry of my opinion by asking “Do you really want to know?” If you say yes, I’ll give it to you. All that to say – home church had a survey for members to fill out about a whole slew of topics. That was fun. My favorite was the last question: (something along the lines of) “What do you want to tell the church leadership?” Perhaps I should’ve apologized for the mini-dissertation I wrote. Again … don’t ask if you don’t really want to know.
• It’s been hot and humid here lately. YUCK! :( Although I did enjoy a lovely watermelon snowcone yesterday which almost makes it okay.
• Have you heard Chris Tomlin’s song “I Will Rise”?
Well, that paper and presentation won’t finish themselves … better get busy. Do I have any readers left?
7 comments:
TOTALLY laughing out loud!!! Thanks for stopping inand giving all the updates. Don't forget to update about the one that's happening on sunday. :)
Love you~
Mom
WOW Ash! Tell us how you really feel!?! Okay so I can't help but take up for my church fam. Go easy on my peeps. They are trying to make a change and it might be a really good one. I know the need is recognized and change is coming. I know that if we sat and talked we would probably feel the same way (frustrated!!), but we must wait on the Lord for an answer. Remember the one that wants to feed on those feelings and devour you and our church family. The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control!
I love you more than you'll ever know and would not be upset if my girl turned out just like you!
-flea
Ok - just to clarify about the church survey ~ there were good parts and I did talk about some good things that are happening in my mini-dissertation. :) But a little constructive criticism never hurt ... (well, at least that's what my professors have been saying lately!)
PLUS, I think it speaks volumes that the church leadership actually gave the members a chance to have their voice heard through this survey. It shows that they want to change. That's a good thing.
I think change is coming ... and I'm not just talking about the music. ;)
YES it is coming and I can't wait to see what happens. I love serving with you guys!! And you, well your one of my favorites!
You tell those students to get off of their rumps and start helping you!!
Love-flea
SO, how do you REALLY feel? LOL!
I always hated group projects, too....when I did have to be part of them, I always spoke up and claimed the "leader" position with the promise that "If I'm in charge, and you do exactly what I say, you WILL make an 'A'"
I am sure you are going to be fine as far as school goes. And if the doors are closing on the school thing for summer, then He must be opening up some really exciting doors for you! I am so happy for you that you get to go on the mission trip! Wish I could do that, too! So exciting! I love you and am praying for you always! You are amazing!
An update (though brief!) is waiting for you over at my blog - I stole your bullet point idea :)
Post a Comment